Women's Information Service
The Women's Information Service provides information to South Australian women online, over the phone and in person. We aim to increase access to information that promotes choice and empowerment.
The Women's Information Service shopfront located on the Ground Floor at 101 Grenfell Street, Adelaide has now re-opened at our normal hours of 9am-5pm Monday to Friday. The telephone lines are also open 9am-5pm Monday to Friday. Contact us on 8303 0590 or 1800 188 158.
The Haven at Murray Bridge Community Centre has now re-opened at our normal hours of 9am-4pm Monday to Friday.
The Haven at Gawler Community Centre has now re-opened at our normal hours of 9am-4pm Monday to Friday.
WIS at Aldinga Beach Children's Centre has now re-opened during school terms 9am-3pm, Monday to Friday.
We are taking social distancing measures in our shopfront and outreach centres to ensure that our clients, staff, volunteers and the community are safe during these times.
Women's Information Service closures
Outreach services at Parafield Gardens Children's Centre and O'Sullivan Beach Children's Centre remain closed due to COVID-19 restrictions at this time.
You can talk to us about:
- Family life and relationships
- Domestic/family violence, sexual assault and safety
- Health and wellbeing
- Accommodation and housing issues
- Financial security and independence
- Women's groups and events
- Education, training and career paths
- or anything at all...
We can discuss options and choices relevant to your individual situation.
Talk to us...
- if you need help but don't know where to start
- if you aren't sure what services can assist you
- if you've tried everything you can think of
- if you just don't know where to go next
Services for hearing impaired women
SMS our mobile on 0401 989 860