Women's Information Service
The Women's Information Service provides information to South Australian women online, over the phone and in person. We aim to increase access to information that promotes choice and empowerment.
Women's Information Service closures
The Women's Information Service shopfront located on the Ground Floor at 101 Grenfell Street, Adelaide is currently closed until further notice.
The telephone lines remain open 9am-5pm Monday to Friday. Contact us on 8303 0590 or 1800 188 158. We can also be contacted via email, SMS, Facebook and the chat function on our website.
All outreach services are also closed due to COVID-19 restrictions at this time. These include WIS at Aldinga Beach Children's Centre, WIS at O'Sullivan Beach Children's Centre, WIS at Parafield Gardens Children's Centre, WIS at The Willows Children's Centre Mount Barker, The Haven at Gawler Community Centre, The Haven at Mount Barker Community Centre, The Haven at Murray Bridge Community Centre and The Haven at Mount Gambier.
You can talk to us about:
- Family life and relationships
- Domestic/family violence, sexual assault and safety
- Health and wellbeing
- Accommodation and housing issues
- Financial security and independence
- Women's groups and events
- Education, training and career paths
- or anything at all...
We can discuss options and choices relevant to your individual situation.
Talk to us...
- if you need help but don't know where to start
- if you aren't sure what services can assist you
- if you've tried everything you can think of
- if you just don't know where to go next
Services for hearing impaired women
SMS our mobile on 0401 989 860