- SA Women’s Equality Blueprint
- Aboriginal women
- Economic status
- Leadership and Participation
- Safety and wellbeing
- Women in STEM
- Useful Links and Resources
- 125th Anniversary of Women's Suffrage
SA Women’s Equality Blueprint
South Australia’s Women’s Equality Blueprint 2023–2026 provides a roadmap of current and future policies and practices that will help to support women and girls’ safety and security, increase women’s participation and representation in leadership, promote women’s economic wellbeing and increase support for women’s health issues. Together, these initiatives will improve outcomes for women and girls and advance gender equality in South Australia.
The South Australian Government’s vision:
South Australia is a fair and inclusive state, in which women and girls can equally and actively participate in the economy and all aspects of community life.
The principles underpinning the Blueprint are:
- Equality is a human right.
- Gender equality benefits everyone.
- Achieving equality for women and girls is a collective effort which requires action from the government, private sector, non-government organisations and communities.
- Achieving equality for women and girls requires addressing the intersectional disadvantage and discrimination they may experience.
- Diversity in leadership and in the workforce is beneficial for South Australia’s economic growth and productivity.
- Recognising and celebrating the achievements and contributions of women and girls in all their diversity helps inspire future generations.
The Blueprint includes key actions this Government will implement across four priority areas which are fundamental to women’s equality. These include:
- Safety and security
- Leadership and participation
- Economic wellbeing
The South Australian Government will work with other governments, businesses and the community to implement the actions outlined in the Women’s Equality Blueprint by 2026.
Updates on the South Australian Government’s progress toward implementing the actions in the Women’s Equality Blueprint will be published on this website.Page last updated : 07 Sep 2023