- Aboriginal women
- Economic status
- Leadership and Participation
- Safety and wellbeing
- Women in STEM
- Office for Women eNews
- Useful Links and Resources
- 125th Anniversary of Women's Suffrage
Boards and committees
The Office for Women works towards ensuring that more women are able to make a contribution as leaders and key decision makers in the South Australian community. One way to achieve this is to increase the number of women members of boards and committees.
The Business Case
- Gender Equity Insights 2020: Delivering the Business Outcomes Workplace Gender Equality Agency
- The Bottom Line: Corporate Performance and women on boards Catalyst
State Government boards and committees
Federal Government boards and committees
- Board Links Australian Government network for women
- Indigenous Portfolio Boards and Committees Candidate Register
- List of Federal Government boards and committees
General tips for board members
- Are you ready to serve on a board? Harvard Business Review
- Being Board Ready – A Guide for Women Department of Local Government and Communities WA
- Role of the Board Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Your board responsibilities (not for profit boards focused) Institute of Community Directors Australia
Training providers and board directories
- 30% Club
- Australian Institute of Company Directors (ACID)
- Board Direct
- CBB Board Match (not for profit boards)
- Get on Board Australia
- Governance Institute of Australia
- Institute of Community Directors Australia
- Volunteering SA & NT
- Women and Leadership Australia
- Women on Boards
Premier's Women's Directory
Since it was launched in April 2019, BoardingCall has become the State Government’s primary online database for making appointments to its boards and committees.
BoardingCall, managed by the Department of the Premier and Cabinet, enables men and women interested in being on a South Australian Government board or committee to register an account, create a personalised profile and upload a CV.
To avoid duplication, the Premier’s Women’s Directory will be merged into BoardingCall to create a single platform for connecting aspiring women to board positions.
Profiles of all Premier’s Women’s Directory members who have updated their details in the past two years will automatically be transferred to BoardingCall and PWD will be decommissioned from 1 July 2020.
Public access to the Premier's Women's Directory is now CLOSED.
This merger will assist the South Australian Government to maintain gender equality on State Government boards and committees through a single, searchable database.
The South Australian Government remains committed to increasing the participation of women in leadership and decision-making roles. With over 200 government boards working with the State Government, there are many opportunities for women to contribute their skills and make a difference to our state.
More information on BoardingCall is available at boardingcall.sa.gov.au