- Aboriginal women
- Economic status
- Leadership and Participation
- Safety and wellbeing
- Women in STEM
- Office for Women eNews
- Useful Links and Resources
- 125th Anniversary of Women's Suffrage
Safety Hubs Election Commitment - First safety hub 'The Haven' launched in Murray Bridge
Safety hubs election commitment
Services are being established under the government’s safety hubs election commitment from August 2019 to June 2021, to help improve the safety of women and their children experiencing (or at risk of) domestic, family or sexual violence.
Each location will provide a safe local place where women can speak confidentially to trained workers or volunteers, who can provide information, support, and referrals to appropriate services.
Different types of services will be established - which type is in a region depends on the needs of the community. They may be:
- located within a universal service such as a community or childcare centre, or health service
- a stand-alone centre with different services available within it, such as housing, child and family services, counselling, financial, and legal support
- a centrally located service that provides outreach services to surrounding communities.
The location of each service, and identifying what services are needed for each region, have been driven by feedback from six domestic violence roundtable forums held across South Australia in 2018-19, as well as ongoing consultation with local service providers.
First safety hub launch - The Haven
The Haven is the first site established under the government’s safety hub election commitment. The Haven launched today in the Murray and Mallee region in Murray Bridge. The Haven is a partnership between the Office for Women, the Murray Bridge Community Centre and local community organisations.
The Haven – Murray Bridge
Provided by the Women’s Information Service
Murray Bridge Community Centre
Phone: 0402 889 542
Monday and Friday: 9am to 4pm
Tuesday and Thursday: 12.30pm to 4pm
Wednesday: 9am to 12.30pm
For further information about services provided by The Haven, see the Women’s Information Service.
Safety hub region
1. Adelaide Hills
2. Southern Adelaide
3. Northern Adelaide and Barossa, Light and Lower North
4. Eyre and Western
5. Limestone Coast
6. Far North
7. Fleurieu and Kangaroo Island
8. Yorke and Mid North