- Achieving Women's Equality: South Australia's Women's Policy
- Aboriginal women
- Economic status
- Leadership and Participation
- Safety and wellbeing
- Women in STEM
- Office for Women eNews
- Useful Links and Resources
- 125th Anniversary of Women's Suffrage
Are you into drawing, design or graphics? Constantly doodling on your notebook? Great at coming up with fun tag lines? Then you could be just the creative person we are looking for!
In December 2019, South Australia will celebrate the 125th anniversary of legislation that enabled women in South Australia – for the first time anywhere in Australia – to vote in general elections and to stand for Parliament. The Office for Women is holding a design competition and is looking for a graphic element and a tag line (5 words or less) that could be used to promote events and initiatives that support this anniversary.
This is a great opportunity to learn more about how women won the vote in South Australia, and to get creative with a graphic and tag line that captures the theme of ‘celebrating the past to renew the future’.
Brief – what we are looking for
- A strong graphic or design that reflects and celebrates the achievements of women’s suffrage in South Australia. The winning design will capture the strenuous work that South Australian women put into gaining the vote, with the graphic to potentially be incorporated into promotional materials in the lead up to and during the 2019 celebrations.
- The competition is open to any interpretation and style of design
- The design must be flexible enough to be used across various formats and media.
- Do not incorporate any text headings or logos in with the graphic.
- The suffragist colours of gold and purple must be used.
- A short tag line (5 words or less) that encapsulates the spirit of the anniversary and the theme ‘celebrating the past to renew the future’.
Terms and conditions
Ready to submit your design?
Entries must be submitted via the online entry form.
Entries open on 17 September 2018, and close on 4 November 2018.
For more information you can email SAsuffrage125@sa.gov.au with your query.